With 2020 having been hard on the film industry but the 93rd Academy Awards just 3 days away, WalletHub today released its 2021 Oscars Facts report, which includes an infographic filled with fun facts about the event as well as a Q&A with a panel of entertainment experts.
Here are some highlights from the report:
- $40M+: Total cost of Oscars ceremony.
- $10M: Cost of the look for an A-list actress attending the Oscars.
- 32%: Share of this year’s Oscar nominees who are women (highest percentage ever).
- $2M: Cost of a 30 second commercial during the Oscars telecast (64% less than the Super Bowl).
- $24.7K: Cost of the 50,000 square foot Oscars red carpet.
- $400: Current value of the 24-karat gold-plated Oscar statuette.
- 4th time: The Oscars telecast will not have a host.
Gonna need a nap Sunday afternoon. Oscars Show starts 7pm on ABC, and probably wraps up about 11pm.